Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hooters interview!



Here goes talking about my interviews for Hooters! :)

I was pretty nervous to go in to interview because you know the first thing you are judged on is your looks so you have to go in looking bangin’! And no to toot my own horn but yeah I looked presh.  I didn’t  want to get too dressy and look like I spent hours deciding what to wear-which I totally did. My room was def clean before I went on a clothes hunting mission, afterwards it looked like a total and complete mess. But I finally went with a coral skirt and a grey slouchy tank top and some cute sandals.  The shirt really wasn’t too chesty because I already have large breasts (DD) so I don’t really have to flaunt them and I didn’t want to cross the line into skankville.  Because no one wants to hire a skank.  Anywho, I made sure my nails weren’t painted and that I didn’t have any jewelry on besides stud earrings because I know you cannot wear jewlerry and can cannot have your nails painted while working.  I just straightened my hair and left it down.  Then I tried to make sure I wouldn’t chicken out and ran to my car before I could change my mind.

As I pulled up to Hooters I was so nervous my hands were sweating-and seriously they never sweat so you know this is some serious business.  I made sure to go on a Tuesday at 3 because I hear the best times to go are Monday-Thursday from 2-4 pm.  So you don’t go at too busy a time and so you can catch a manager on duty.  As I walked in I could tell I was being looked up and down meticulously.  And no, not by men there. But by the Hooters girls working.  I could immedeitaly tell no one was too concerned whether I was helped or not and at the moment I was pretty put off by this attitude, because hey they don’t know me! But ill get back to that later, I was told to sit and wait for a manager to give me an application.  By this point my legs are shaking a little bit as I have to wait, as im trying to make sure I leave my hair looking cute and that I don’t chew on my lip and get lipstick all over my teeth-chewing on my lip is a really bad habit of mine so this was a real concern.  Then the manager came over and gave me my application and I started filling it out.  By the end my handwriting looked like I paid a four year old to close their eyes and do it but it was done so I was relieved.  Then the manager came over and started asking basic questions from the application.

Just basically when I am available and so on.  Then she asked a question that I never really considered but really makes sense, she asked if there is anybody in my life (parents, boyfriend, ect) that would not approve of my working there.  And that I thought was a really good question because who wants to hire someone who is just going to be convinced to quit by familily! Well anywho, she started talking about this Alcohol Class I will have to take, serv safe I think? Well of course me being a little dense I didn’t realize that meant she was hiring me…..but YEP! Hired right  away thank you very much. I am pretty sure I was grinning like a fool by that point but you know what? I don’t care I was flippin stoked!!

I actually had this interview a couple weeks ago but never got around to writing about it so my orientation and first training post will be coming shortly! I had to work my last two weeks at my job so I had to wait for orientation.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have instagram or twitter ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you get to decide whether you want to work during the day shift or the night shift?

    ReplyDelete