Monday, September 17, 2012

Working as a fully trained Hooters Girl!


Sorry this took forever to post but here is my post on my working shifts out of training! Yes I think I have five days to catch up on so I will try to remember everything for you guys!

The second night I worked was dress up day and I was stressing major balls about that one! I went out and looked for costumes for forever! I finally decided on being a firefighter because my friend had a costume I could borrow and I had some black boots combat boots I wore with it. Cool thing was I was the only one who thought to wear other shoes as long as they were slip resistant so I got a lot of compliments about that.  It was a pretty cool concept too, it was Hooters way of celebrating first responders from 9/11 and all military people got 20% off their bill. I made pretty good money this night too and really had a blast!

I had a table of like 6 guys that came in and were a blast to wait on, I sat them in my section at first but they wanted a bigger table so I moved them to another girls section and told them I would go grab their waitress but we had already teased back and forth some so they were bummed I wasn’t going to wait on them and said they would throw a hissy fit if I didn’t wait on them lol after trying to tell them I couldn’t take the table a million times I finally went and asked the girl running their section if I could have it and she didn’t care at all she just took one of my tables. The guys were so much fun, it was good to see that a group of guys can come in and be funny and nice but not totally gross and pervy. Yes they were all flirting but nothing majorly gross. There was a guy a table away who saw me bend over to pick something up and was all ‘hey so if I drop something will you pick it up in slow motion for me baby?’ and a guy from my table actually told him to take that kind of talk somewhere else. Then he looked at me and was like ‘don’t you worry we got your back.’ I just thought it was freaken adorable.

By this point I didn’t care if they tipped me at all cuz I was so relaxed and just having a great time. They were surprised I could talk football with the best of them too, we had some debates about my favorite teams and players. They were Peyton Manning fans- barf- and I wasn’t scared at all to inform him that I cant stand him. Mainly because he got my man Tim Tebow traded to the Jets but also because he sucks major balls. Sorry, just saying. He is so afraid of running the dang ball or getting sacked. Yes is realize it would hurt a ton to get tackled but if you are going out of your way to avoid it and messing up plays then you really have to figure something out. I get that you are old as fuck and might break a bone or something  but come on! They were talking about the Packers and I was pretty stoked to share that last season the one team they lost to were my precious Chiefs. At that point they were like no more football talk you know more than most of us…….I just laughed!

This table did tip really good too which I was totally okay with, and they all put their phone numbers and hotel room numbers on their receipts too lol they are staying in town for a manager training program at a hotel right by hooters. It was hilarious later though, cuz what people don’t realize is the receipts they sign are given to the managers at the end of the night so my manager was looking through them and was like ‘BD who are all these boys and why are they giving me their hotel room and phone numbers?’ So that night tips went well and it was fun too!

I only have one really bad tipping story which I will explain in my next post so beware of some extreme douchiness coming up.

 

I have done really good on tips this week too so that was a relief! The managers even complimented me on knowing my shit and being able to be on the floor for five days straight and doing good!

 

Whoop whoop. :)

 

BD :)

No comments:

Post a Comment